This was an order from Bombay, I had a free hand to represent the buddha however I wanted. These are the orders that I live for.
I completely enjoyed the journey!
The relief is from the up-cycled tile stuck to the ply wood. I tried correcting a specific problem here. Painting on tile is very tricky as acrylic peels off its surface unless varnished and dried in the sun correctly.
I had an old cotton dupatta. I smeared fevicol on the tile and stuck the dupatta on the tile with a good stretch. The next day it had a canvas effect. Painting on this material was really exciting. I upcycled the cloth and the tile and that gave me the kick I needed!